V2 Gateway Upgrade Kit & Power Adapter Change
Our V2 upgrade is a BIG improvement for our gateways and we’ve also got a surprise to announce for future gateways (spoiler, it’s a POE)
We have a very exciting announcement for all those that missed it! On October 20th, we sent out an email to all recipients of a V1 (original) gateway to claim a free V2 Gateway Upgrade Kit.
This email was sent to all individuals who entered an email when placing their original order, and contains a unique code for claiming an Upgrade Kit. You will have only received this email if you have already received your gateway (please check your Spam folder for an email from email@example.com).
Those who have not yet received a gateway will automatically have their order upgraded to a V2 gateway, with no action required.
The heatsink and updated enclosure provided as a part of the V2 upgrade kit will significantly improve the thermal regulation of V1 gateways. This will improve the lifespan of the gateway, and may be beneficial for performance.
This upgrade kit is completely free, shipping and all, for all V1 gateway purchasers who purchased direct from SyncroB.it.
Not sure if you received a V1?
- If you received your gateway October 15th or earlier, you have a V1
- If you received your gateway between October 15th and November 15th and have an indoor enclosure that looks like this, you have a V1 Gateway:
Claiming your V2 Upgrade Kit
- If you are eligible for an upgrade kit, you will have received a unique discount code to your email
- If you did not receive one please check your spam folder first for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cannot locate your email it may be because you did not provide an email with your order. If you believe this is the case please reach out to email@example.com with your order number
- Your discount code is good for redeeming only enough kits to upgrade the total gateways ordered. If you placed multiple orders, you will only receive 1 discount code to redeem all your upgrade kits
- Please add as many upgrade kits as needed to your order, as you will only be able to redeem the discount code once
- Please use the same email for your order as your original gateway order
- Enter your unique discount code at checkout to reduce the price to $0
EXPIRY: You have until November 5th at 11:59PM ET to claim your upgrade kit.
SHIPPING: Upgrade kits will ship the week of November 8th.
Upgrade Kit Contents:
- Improved Indoor Enclosure
— Added ventilation for better thermal performance
- Improved Heatsink with Integrated fan
— For substantially better thermal performance
- Stainless Steel Screws for the outdoor enclosure
— To improve weather resistance and longevity
- Improved Stock Antenna
— More reliable witnessing and performance
Note: This is NOT a full gateway. Only components to upgrade your existing V1 Gateway.
- Installation of the V2 heatsink will require removing the device from the Enclosure, and removing 4 Phillips/cross head screws
- A detailed installation video will be published prior to receiving the upgrade kit
DISCLAIMER: The heatsink and updated enclosure provided as a part of the V2 upgrade kit will significantly improve the thermal regulation of your V1 gateway. This will improve the lifespan of the gateway, and may be beneficial for the earnings of the gateway. If you choose not to claim and install the upgrade kit, and your gateway suffers damage as a result of overheating during the warranty period, you will not be eligible for a warranty claim.
Obtaining a V2 Upgrade Kit for Aftermarket Purchases
We’ve already distributed codes for completely free access to the V2 Gateway upgrade kit. Unfortunately, only original purchasers have been sent codes. This means that if you did not purchase your gateway directly from us, we cannot provide you with a redemption code. You will need to request the code for the V2 kit from that seller or use the code of the seller, if they provide it to you.
If you cannot get access to this code, you have the option to purchase the Upgrade kit at cost (cost of materials plus shipping) on our website: HERE
POE Adapters Included with every new V2 Gateway
All our gateways previously shipped with a power adapter to allow you to power your gateway using a traditional wall outlet. That’s great for indoor use, but can be very limiting for outdoor deployments.
To get the most out of your gateway, you need to be able to put it wherever you need and adapt to each location. POE adapters, or Power over Ethernet, do just that. A POE injector injects power into your ethernet cable and powers the gateway directly via the cable, eliminating the need for anything else. Power and internet all in one.
We think that’s pretty great, and so will now be shipping almost every gateway with a free POE adapter (this doesn’t apply to some bulk orders or the upgrade kit).*
Here’s what you can expect in the box:
- No more wall adapter
- 1x POE Injector
- 2x Ethernet cables (up from the 1x previously)
The best thing about POE, is that you can swap out the included ethernet cable for one up to 100m long and reliably power your gateway. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
Learn more about POE here: http://helpdesk.syncrob.it/support/solutions/articles/69000649462-poe-power-over-ethernet-guide
*Please note that some bulk orders with a bulk discount, or that are custom branded may still receive a power adapter rather than a POE.