Local Dashboard — Customize EVERYTHING
Introducing DashB.it Local — Your local dashboard
Today we have a special mid week update with a feature we haven’t talked about much, but that we think is a game-changer for optimizing your SyncroB.it Gateway deployments — Introducing DashBit, your local gateway dashboard.
You can now customize everything you’d ever want on your SyncroB.it gateway and more, using DashBit Local.
- Quick reports
- At-a-glance Gateway diagnostics
- Customizable Lora RF settings
- RGB LED customization
- Gateway commands
Accessing DashBit Local
- Locate the serial number of your gateway — in most cases, this should be present on the underside of the device. If you can’t locate it, the serial number of your gateway will pop up when you attempt to pair it with the app.
Let’s say your serial number is cham-5ec08e94
- Connect to the same internet/wifi network as your gateway.
- Go to your web browser and type in your serial number, followed by .remotesb.com
It should look like this:
- If it’s your first time visiting the local dashboard, your login will be:
- Set a new password and then you’re good to go!
DashBit Local’s overview is your one stop shop for everything you need to know about your gateway:
- Gateway diagnostics from block height, to CPU usage, and everything in between
- Gateway activity
- Network characteristics
From the tops of skyscrapers to beach-side surf shacks, gateways can be deployed almost anywhere, and each location requires it’s own custom setup to meet its needs and expand the network as wide as it can go.
In the past we’ve talked about how to pick the right antenna to use for your deployment, but now you aren’t just limited to changing your setup, you can now adjust the gateway itself to fit your needs.
Antenna gain is the fastest way to quickly adjust your gateways lora settings to accommodate the changes that come with most non-stock antennas. Simply input the gain or “dBi” of your antenna, and the gateway will adjust to minimize invalid witnesses, and maximize rewards.
RSSI offset lets you get even more granular, allowing you to adjust the perceived strength of incoming transmissions from other gateways.
Now this one is the where the magic happens. SyncroB.it gateways can adjust their power up to a maximum of 27dB, meaning that you can scale down your power if you’re seeing too many invalid witnesses from your beacons, or scale up your power if you have an antenna/cable setup that’s make you lose output strength.
Note: The EU generally restricts net power output to a maximum of 14dB, where as NA restricts it to 27dB. Please ensure you comply with all local laws and regulations when adjusting your gateway.
Gateway Settings allow you to get hands on with your gateway and adjust the software side of it:
- LED Settings
- System Settings
- Factory Reset
Who doesn’t love some good RGB right? Customize your gateways LED colour and brightness however you like.
Put simply, System Actions allow you to:
- Enable Pairing — Turns on bluetooth
- Resync — manually re-sync your gateway (this should normally happen automatically)
- Reboot — manually restart your gateway
— — — — — — — — — — —
Feedback is Welcome
If you have any suggestions for what you think we should add to DashBit Local, we’d love your feedback! As the SyncroB.it community’s needs grow, so too should the tools you have to work with.